Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review: Pandemic - Scott Sigler

The explosive conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with Infected and Contagious.

The alien intelligence that unleashed two horrific assaults on humanity has been destroyed. But before it was brought down in flames, it launched one last payload-a tiny soda-can-sized canister filled with germs engineered to wreak new forms of havoc on the human race. That harmless-looking canister has languished under thousands of feet of water for years, undisturbed and impotent…until now.

Days after the new disease is unleashed, a quarter of the human race is infected. Entire countries have fallen. And our planet's fate now rests on a small group of unlikely heroes, racing to find a cure before the enemies surrounding them can close in.
 
 
 
REVIEW

This was a good book. I feel it would have made a little more sense to me if I had read the first two installments. Which I will be putting on my TBR list. I have read two other books by this author from another series and really enjoyed them. This was no exception; I liked that this book was very fast-paced and full of action.

The characters were all interesting and made me want to keep turning the pages. I loved the group dynamic of the story and that this unlikely group was humanities only hope for finding a cure to a deadly alien disease infecting the human population.

I liked the authors' style of writing, and I think it worked well with this type of story. I was left with a few questions, that keep nagging me, but I'm hoping for another installment in this series to tie up the loose ends. Great story for anyone who enjoys a post-apocalyptic series.


4 Stars

Billie Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS