Monday, March 4, 2013

For The Love of.... Adrienne Thompson




For me, an empty sheet of paper holds within it infinite possibilities. It truly amazes me that with only a pen or pencil and my imagination, I can create something that never before existed—a story that is just as original as its author. With nothing more than my imagination and the words of the English language, I can create new people and new places. With my pen I can convey emotions, make the sun rise or set, cause the wind to blow or make rain fall. With a stroke of my pen, children are born and others die. Hearts are broken while others are mended. My words can make readers smile and laugh or cry or become angry. There is power in my pen. There is power in my words. There is power in my imaginative mind.

Every word, every single phrase is an extension of me, of who I am, of who I long to be. Within the pages of my books one can find my hopes and fears. My quest for love. My belief in justice. My love of human connections. I am on those pages, and if you look closely, you'll find me. I love writing because it allows me to be me—stripped to the core. It allows me to release my fears and pain and love with each pen stroke. When I write, I'm unconcerned with the expectations that were laid on me from birth or the failures that haunt my sleep. I forget that I’m not good enough or that I’m not witty enough or pretty enough. When I'm writing I'm just me and I'm a beast, because God made me to be a beast with a pen. He made me to do this and aside from motherhood, it's the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

So for me, falling in love with writing came in the form of falling in love with myself and with God’s purpose for me. Writing lit a fire inside of me that can't be quenched. Like a young girl, I'm so in love with this craft that it can do no wrong. I only see the good in it and though it hurts me sometimes, makes me worry, keeps me up at night, and sometimes even disappoints me, I'm still blindly in love with it. And I'd advise no one to get in between me and writing. Because this is a love I'm willing to fight for. But I'm not worried about anyone tearing us apart. After all, what God put together, let no man put asunder.  
 
~ Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS