Thursday, January 19, 2012

PILAR IS BACK!!!!

To Celebrate The Return of Pilar - Book Referees has created "The Pilar Pack" - for your Inner Pilar..  Just In Time for Valentines Day!! - Electa Rome Parks has created an unforgettable character by the name of Pilar.. if you don't know her.. It's time you found out about her.. :)



Excerpt from Diary of a Stalker
            I'm your #1 fan.

            It's funny how one's life can forever be changed with the utterance of four simple words: I'm your #1 fan. Well, actually, they weren't spoken, but sent to my favorite male author, Xavier Preston, by way of e-mail. Man, I love the World Wide Web.

            I couldn't believe it; I had recently finished reading his latest national bestseller, Secret Desires, and to put it mildly, I was simply blown away. I felt like the main character was speaking directly to me, like she was inside my brain, picking it apart, piece-by-piece. I could relate to the storyline. . . totally. . . and the ending was spectacular, took my breath away. Secret Desires stayed with me, languishing inside my soul, like a sweet kiss that lingers into the early morning hours as dawn approaches.

            Even though I am an avid reader, I should be since I'm a freelance writer; I typically do not contact authors about their books. I don't get caught up in the entire groupie side of the literary industry. Yes, it exists! Surprise, surprise. There is an entire circle of women all across the country, sometimes entire book clubs, which follow the lives and movement of African American male writers the same way groupies chase after rappers and actors.

In the book industry, it is just a bit more subtle. For example, the book club president might fly the handsome, fine, articulate male author into her city for the weekend, to discuss his most recent hot release at the monthly book club meeting and to perhaps get the added bonus of getting up close and personal between the sheets. It happens.


Diary of a Stalker: a bestselling male author gets more than he bargained for when he meets a fanatical female fan, Pilar. What starts out as a one-night stand quickly spirals out of control and into a dangerous game of obsession and pain.





The Stalker Chronicles: is the sequel to Diary of a Stalker. Pilar is back, and this time it’s all about revenge. Tall, dark and handsome bestselling male author Xavier Preston thought his nightmare – in the form of Pilar, a fanatical stalker/fan – had finally ended. Little does he know it’s only beginning.

When Xavier met Pilar, he got much more than he bargained for. What started out as an erotic, one-night stand quickly turned into a dangerous game of obsession and pain, with both parties playing to win. Then she simply disappeared.

Stunning Pilar hasn’t gone away, though. In fact, she has been very near, watching his every more and patiently waiting for him to realize they were meant to be together forever. She still believes they’re soul mates, and the only option for her is “Until death do us part.” If she can’t have Xavier, then no one can. Now no one is safe – not his friends, and definitely not him.
 Revenge can be a real killer…

Electa Rome Parks 

Author of
The Stalker Chronicles (coming soon, January 31, 2012)
True Confessions (Kensington/Urban Books)
Diary of a Stalker (Kensington/Urban Books)
These Are My Confessions (HarperCollins/Avon Red) 




Ladies' Night Out (Penguin Group/NAL) 


Almost Doesn't Count (Penguin Group/NAL)


Loose Ends (Penguin Group/NAL) 


The Ties That Bind (Penguin Group/NAL)


www.electaromeparks.com







   

2 comments:

  1. The Pilar Pack is loaded with stalker Prizes...lol Can't hardly wait to read The stalker Chronicle.

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS