Wednesday, September 7, 2011

If I Should Die Before I Wake - Pat Simmons

I remember spending the night over my cousin's house, and before we went to bed she started reciting this prayer.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.


She tried to teach it to me, but I refused to learn it. I didn't want to die in my sleep, so I seen no reason to recite that prayer. She explained to me that we had no control over what happens to us in life, but we can make sure GOD will take care of us no matter what. That night I went to bed reciting my own prayer to GOD. To this day that prayer atill speak volumes to me, but now that I'm 37 it holds a different meaning to me. I understand that prayer is saying... I put my FAITH in GOD with no reservations!



In the short story If I Should Die Before I Wake, Pat Simmons shares a very personal incident that occurred in her life. This story will tug at your heartstrings. It will also remind you to always keep the faith no matter what happens in your life. Cherish everyday because tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

Pat Simmons shows why she is added constatly to avid readers top 10 authors list. Even with a short story this author is able to convey her message of Love, Family, and most of all FAITH and make a connection to her readers. I know alot of readers will experience an AHA Moment after reading this.

5 Stars
Orsayor

Click Here To Purchase - $.99 Kindle Users

1 comment:

  1. How true--God is the reason I am able to sleep soundly and wake up in the morning.
    I noticed you and I are the same age! I'm 37 too!

    Thanks for reviewing this story!

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS