Sunday, September 18, 2011

Go The F**K To Sleep - Adam Mansbach

Go the F**k to Sleep is a bedtime book for parents who live in the real world, where a few snoozing kitties and cutesy rhymes don't always send a toddler sailing blissfully off to dreamland. Profane, affectionate, and radically honest, California Book Award-winning author Adam Mansbach's verses perfectly capture the familiar--and unspoken--tribulations of putting your little angel down for the night. In the process, they open up a conversation about parenting, granting us permission to admit our frustrations, and laugh at their absurdity. With illustrations by Ricardo Cortes, Go the F**k to Sleep is beautiful, subversive, and pants-wettingly funny--a book for parents new, old, and expectant. You probably should not read it to your children. - Amazon

I'm a big Samuel Jackson fan, so when I heard he was narrating a bedtime story named Go The F**k To Sleep I knew I had to read it. I listened to the Audible version since it was offered free to members. I can't say I fell out of my seat laughing, but I was amused. I would say this is a bedtime story for adults, because I don't know many parents that will tell their kids out loud to GO THE F**K TO SLEEP.

Side Note: Even though I know alot of parents may have those thoughts in their head.




3.5 Stars

Orsayor







5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I said a loud A-men when I heard of this book. Then it went completely viral and the PDF was everywhere. I hope some people bought the darn thing. Jackson does the best reading, but I've heard the author do it, and he sounds quite a bit like Jackson too.
    -Mac Campbell
    http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear the author read it.. LOL

    I bought the book from Barnes and Noble.. my first adult bedtime story.. even though I was never read a bedtime story as a kid.. I can read myself one now.

    Thanks for commenting Mac..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to look into this one. Sounds like it may be fun to read.

    Thanks for the insight Orsayor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is so funny. Haha Jackson read it fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samuel Jackson does an amazing job reading this book! Great delivery. I think the book is hilarious- but definitely NOT for kids- for parents or adults who have had a long day with kids! Great review!

    I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    Take care-
    Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens and I can't fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS