Thursday, April 21, 2011

Midnight and the Meaning of Love - Sister Souljah


I am writing this review on Midnight and the Meaning of Love by Sister Souljah.  Midnight is the main person in the story.  It’s a continuation of Midnight:  A Gangster Love Story. It basically is about how far he would go to make certain his wife Akemi is found. The highlights of the book are you will learn a lot about the way of life for other cultures. It’s interesting to read how other people live and what love is to them and how their way of life is.

I am disappointed with the book and confused how it relates to The Coldest Winter Ever. However, Ricky Santiago is mentioned one time thus adding to the confusion.

 I can't say that I would or would not recommend this book. If you are looking for the Coldest Winter Ever this will disappoint, but if you read and liked Midnight: A Gangster Love Story then you will probably like this story. I was just disappointed.

2.5 Stars of 5 Stars
Reviewed by: Rochelle





2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this review. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read Midnight: a gangster love story because I think nothing will beat Coldest Winter Ever. I was also awaiting the movie to be casted and aired in some form or fashion- HBO, indie film, etc . Now I am curious, maybe I'd take a read of Midnight: a gangster love story and see if I'd be slightly curious to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with Midnight in the first book! I love his character and the way he carries himself. I wish all young men treated the women in their like this way.

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS